½ cup ancho chile powder
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup salt
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
1 rack baby back pork ribs
1 cup barbeque sauce
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees
- To ensure a slide off the bone ribs, don’t forget to remove the membrane
- With a knife, prick your rib several times.
- Generously apply coating of dry rub to all sides of the rib rack.
- Cover your ribs with aluminum foil.
- Bake at a low temperature until tender and cooked through about 2 hours. Remove and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- At high oven temperature ( 350 degrees F ) Open aluminum foil, drain and remove any juices and fat. Brush barbeque sauce on top of each slib.
- Place rack meat-side up and return to the oven, leaving aluminum foil open. Bake for another 10 minutes, then remove it from the oven, and brush evenly with the remaining barbecue sauce. Repeat the brushing and baking 4 more times, another 40 mins of baking.
- Cut into individual rib pieces and enjoy.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- For a crispy taste grill for an additional 5 mins.
- If you love spice and some heat, add in some chili or cayenne powder.
- Serve them with herbed potato salad, baked cheese grits, classic macaroni cheese. I love it when served with corn and tomato coleslaw.