+ For the cake:
° All purpose flour: 2 cups + 2 tbsp (sifted plus flour for dusting cake trays)
° Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
° Sugar: 2 cups
° Butter: 2 sticks (unsalted)
° Water: 1 cup
° Soda: 1 teaspoon
° Milk: half a cup
° Egg: 2 (large)
° Vanilla: 1 teaspoon
° Sugar: 3 cups (granulated)
° Butter: 1 stick
° Heavy cream: 1 cup
° a pinch of salt
° Vanilla: 2 teaspoons
Let’s do it:1. Set oven temperature to 350 first, then butter and flour on two 9-inch baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, sift 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour and salt.
3. You will want to add sugar and whisk until combined.
4. Choose a saucepan and mix the butter and water, then bring to a boil and whisk in the flour and sugar until smooth.
5. You can then add club soda, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and mix until well blended and smooth.
6. When finished, pour it into baking sheets greased with butter and flour.
7. Be sure to bake for 20-25 minutes and check the cake after about 15 minutes or until the tester comes out clean, but be careful not to overbake.
8. Immediately remove the molds from the oven and let them cool on the wire rack for 15 minutes. You can then convert the layers to parchment-lined shelves to cool completely.
9. To make caramel icing (Note: when making this decor you will have two jars, so have everything ready to go and have a large griddle). Choose a large saucepan and put 2½ cups of sugar, butter, cream, a pinch of salt in it, then cook over medium heat until almost boiling. Next, be sure to pour the syrup into another pan.
10. In a small saucepan, meanwhile, put half a cup of sugar and melt it in a medium until it turns amber, being careful not to stir this sugar, but you will have to shake the pan every few minutes to help distribute the sugar. It is the sugar syrup that you will pour into the pot.
11. Be sure to cook over medium to medium-high heat while pouring in the syrup and keep stirring until softball or 232 on the thermometer.
12. Immediately remove the pan from the heat, add the vanilla and let cool for 15 minutes.
13. Well now you better go to a big mixer and beat on medium speed. You can also use the hand mixer on medium heat and whip for 15-20 minutes, or until the consistency of ice cream.
14. Finally, remember to add a little cream if the frosting freezes too quickly or becomes too thick.