For 4 people
– Preparation time: 20 mins
– 3 chicken fillets
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 cm piece of fresh ginger
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar (or cider)
– 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
– salt and pepper
– a little sunflower oil
– 300 g Japanese (or Thai) rice
– 300g broccoli- 4 large bowls (or soup plates)
How to do
1. Cook the rice in a rice cooker.
2. Steam the broccoli.
3. Finely chop the ginger and garlic cloves.
4. Cut the chicken fillets into pieces of about 2 cm.
5. In a bowl, prepare the sauce by mixing the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, minced ginger and garlic and cornstarch.
6. Heat a frying pan with a little oil.
7. Fry the chicken pieces for 5 minutes to brown them well.
8. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
9. Lower the heat and gradually pour the sauce over the chicken.
10. Let simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens gently. Stir occasionally.
11. Pour the rice, broccoli and Teriyaki chicken into each of the 4 bowls.