This is one of our favorite chicken pies. When my son would come home from a tour of duty as a Marine, this is the one thing he requested to eat every time.
Cook time: 55 Min
Prep time: 50 Min
1 whole chicken or 3 large boneless breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup, 10.5 oz.
1 1/2 soup cans of chicken broth (using the cream of chicken soup can)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 frozen 9″ pie crust, thawed
2 Tbsp butter
1. Place the chicken in a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil and cook thoroughly. Remove the chicken (save the cooking liquid), let cool and then chop up the meat.
2. In a mixing bowl stir together the soup, broth, salt, and pepper. Stir in the chicken, combine well.
3. Lightly spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon half of the chicken mixture into the bottom and spread around.
4. Then cover the mixture with a layer of the pie strips. Dot the strips with 1 Tbsp of butter.
5. Place in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
6. Remove and spoon the remaining chicken mixture over the top.
7. Then place the remaining pie crust strips. Again, dot with 1 Tbsp butter.
8. Return to the oven for an additional 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let sit 5 minutes before serving.