This is the perfect fix for a quick lunch – delicious olive, bacon, and cheese bread for the win! This scene-stealer bread is a breeze to make without the need for any special equipment or skills. I love this so much that I even make a muffin version. The kids are head over heels caught by this delightful bread. If you constantly are looking for a grab and go recipes, then you are in the right place!
- 3 1/3 fl ounces (10cl) olive oil
- 5 fl ounces (15cl) of white wine
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 grams) bacon
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp of baking powder (about 5 grams)
- 2 1/2 c. (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 5 oz. (150 grams) grated Swiss cheese or cheddar
- 1 large onion
- 7 oz. (200 grams) city ham, already cooked (Sold as “ready to serve”. Still on the bone, it’s better!)
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 grams) green olives
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 grams) black olives
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
Step 1: Place the wine, oil, eggs, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well until combined.
Step 2: In another bowl, mix the flour and baking powder. Sift, then stir into the liquid ingredients.
Step 3: Finely chop the onion.
Step 4: In a skillet, melt the butter or heat a little olive oil. Once hot, add the onions and cook until softened. Add the bacon and continue to cook for a couple of minutes more. When done, set the onion and bacon mixture aside. To avoid soggy dough, drain the mixture.
Step 5: Prep the olives and parsley. Slice them and set them aside. Cut the ham, too, and set aside.
Step 6: To the flour mixture, add all the ingredients including the grated cheese. Mix well until combined, then pour it into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Place in a 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C oven and bake for about an hour.