- 1 (1 pound) sweet potato, with skin
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Step 1Place whole sweet potato in pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Boil until tender when pierced with a fork, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Step 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 3Remove sweet potato from the pot and run under cold water. Remove and discard skin.
- Step 4Break sweet potato flesh apart and place in a bowl. Add butter and mix with an electric mixer until well combined. Add sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla; beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Step 5Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Step 6Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
Pie will be puffed up like a soufflé when you remove it from the oven, but will deflate as it cools.
Per Serving: 389 calories; protein 4.5g; carbohydrates 47.8g; fat 20.6g; cholesterol 78.2mg; sodium 253.7mg.